Skip to main content


We hope that your experience as a patient of Dr A Sinha Surgery is a positive one, however if you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the Doctors or any of the staff working in the practice, please inform us.

How to complain

We would like to be given the opportunity to sort out any problem as easily and quickly as possible, and usually at the time it arises and with the person concerned. If this is not possible and you wish to make a complaint, please inform us as soon as possible, ideally within a few days to enable us to establish what has happened more easily. If this is not possible please let us have the details within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem.

If you wish the practice to handle the complaint

Please write or email ( to the practice manager.

It will be a great help if you are specific as possible about your complaint.

If you wish the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) to handle the complaint

  • Telephone: 0300 3000 500 (Calls to this number are charged at local rate from a landline or mobile number)
  • Email:
  • Writing to:

Customer Care Team
North East Lincolnshire CCG
Municipal Offices
Town Hall
DN31 1HU

What will we do?

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days and aim to have investigated your complaint within ten working days. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved. On investigation we shall aim to:

  • Establish what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to avoid the problem recurring

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to have their permission to do so. Written consent from the patient will be required (unless there is incapacity due to illness).

Complaints made by or on behalf of a child

A complaint may be made on behalf of a child where:

  • There are reasonable grounds for a third party to make the complaint rather than the child
  • Where the complaint is in the best interests for the child
  • If able to do so a complaint may be made directly by the child

What happens if you are unhappy with the explanation?

If you are unhappy with the explanation provided the last stage of the Complaints procedure is for the complaint to be referred to the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman who can be contacted on their complaints Helpline between 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Tel 0345 015 4033 or by email or fax them on 0300 061 4000. You can also contact them in writing at:

The Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower